Post-Trip Travel Reports
The completed travel application with a record of expenses, receipts, and department signatures, should be submitted to the Travel Services no later than 15 days after the completion of the trip. Travel advances which have not been cleared within 30 days will be deducted from the employee's wages.
When travel reports are submitted to Travel Services by Monday @ 12pm, checks will be mailed to the traveler from Financial Services by Friday of the same week. For reports submitted after Tuesday, checks will be mailed on the Wednesday of the following week.
The following information should be included with the travel report
- All expense receipts
- Credit card statements (if available)
- A copy of the travel itinerary
- An explanation of any other expenses
The following expenses should NOT be included on the travel report
- Personal family expenses
- Gifts and souvenirs
- Valet and room service charges
- Personal medical and dental expenses
- Personal reading material, recreation and entertainment
- Travel insurance in excess of that already provided
- Costs incurred by the traveler's failure to cancel transportation or hotel reservations
- Commuting between home and work
- Corporate charge card delinquency or late charge assessments unless the delinquency is not due to the actions of the traveler
- Other miscellaneous personal expenses such as haircuts, newspapers, babysitting, and shoe shines
- Parking and traffic citations
- Reimbursement or payment for frequent flyer benefits.